Syedirfanajmal.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When things go wrong…
We, sometimes, blame OTHERS.
At other times, we decide that there is something inherently wrong with us, and hence we will never
But what if I tell you, that each one of us has a unique unfair advantage, leveraging which will make us successful.
ACTUALLY, rather than me
telling you about it, why don’t we speak to a couple of EXPERTS!
OUR GUESTS TODAY
ASH ALI & HASAN KUBBA are startup entrepreneurs and the co-authors of an upcoming book called The Unfair Advantage.
In today’s episode Hasan and Ali share:
- How to succeed in an unfair world?
- What is your unfair advantage
- What is the MILES framework?
- How to use the MILES frame to find and leverage your unfair advantage?
- Why being born rich and poor – both can be key to your success?
- The 4 types of startup leaders (the visionary, tech expert, commercial leader, the catalyst)
- How to rid yourself of the impostor syndrome
- The role of self-awareness in finding your unfair advantage
- The importance of internal status (credibility, faith, and trust)
- The role of external status (your accent, the watch you are wearing)
- Why you got to focus on your strengths rather than your weaknesses
- What to do if you don’t have all the factors of MILES
- Why Ash thinks entrepreneurs and leaders need to be generalists rather than specialists
- The importance of EQ, soft skills in leadership
- Why going from a lean marketing budget to a big one became a problem for Ash at JustEat
- How investing in a £250K TV ad changed everything for JustEat
- How to go from finding MILES of excuses to succeeding with MILES (Money, Intelligence & Insight, Location & Luck, Status)
- How Ash and Hasan used growth hacking principles to come up with an MVP for their book
- How Ash and Hasan used UX methodology to make their book The Unfaire Advantage super-engaging
WANT MORE? WELL, HERE YOU GO..
ASH ALI'S TEDX TALK
HASAN KUBBA'S TEDX TALK
- The Unfair Advantage Book
- Ash Ali’s: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Hasan Kubba on LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business – By Gino Wickman
- Just Eat IPO Values It At $2.44BN, Company First To Test LSE’s New Tech-Friendly Market
- The 10,000 Hour Rule as Explained in Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- New Study Destroys Malcolm Gladwell’s 10,000 Hour Rule