Elvin Zhang is a Singapore-based polymath and startup founder with his interests ranging from Quantum Physics to Blockchain and Fintech. He, believe it or not, has also an award for playing a unique Chinese musical instrument.
In this episode Elvin Zhang speaks about:
• why he rejected UC Berkley after receiving rejections from MIT, Stanford, and Harvard (and why he lied about it to his parents)
• Elvin’s first business in a $100 million Singaporean industry
• Elvin’s first exit (a 6 figure USD amount)
• How Toucan Pay came into being
• Why Peter Theil’s Zero to One concept means different things for different startups
• Things startup founders should keep in mind while making a pivot
• Mistakes made by Elvin in his previous startups
• The right way to pitch to VCs
• And much more!
You can listen to this episode on the following platforms.
This episode was brought to you by your host: