In each #ASKIrfan episode, I will be answering various questions that I get asked from time to time.
In this inaugural #ASKIrfan episode, I answer the question:
What are the Top 3 SEO Myths of Today?
In my view, the biggest SEO myths of today are:
- SEO is D.E.A.D.
To paraphrase an alleged statement of Mark Twain, the reports of SEO's death are greatly exaggerated.
- SEO is only about writing content (with keywords stuffed in it).
And/or backlinks are NOT important; just mindlessly sprinkle some non-sensical keywords in your article.
- SEO is cheap.
And/or, SEO means spammy
content,and even spammier backlinks.
check out the episode
watch or listen without leaving this webpage
Or, use your favorite listening device
- Why SEO is NOT dead but rather A.L.I.VE. and T.H.R.I.V.I.NG
- Why MINDLESSLY stuffing your article and its meta description with commercial keywords won't get you ranked (unless, perhaps, if you are working on
localSEO, or an extremely rare low-competition industry)
- Why good SEO isn't cheap, and
what s pammy tricks bad SEO providers use to provide you cheap, I mean, BAD SEO services to you
- What makes backlinking extremely critical to attaining sustainable and 'free' organic traffic (and NO we ain't talking about low-quality, irrelevant backlinks harvested through software or spammy VAs).
- And much more! Yep.. this short & solo episode is FULL of VALUE!
- PS: With this episode, I've started new format of the SIA Business Show whereby, from time to time, I will be doing solo episodes to answer frequent asked questions.
- PPS: The original format (long-form interviews with distinguished entrepreneurs, digital marketers, speakers, and creatives etc will continue).